Deterring Hawks from Flock

Ronnie_

Chirping
Mar 1, 2023
Hi all,
I unfortunately across from my lot have a couple of Redtail Hawks that roost during spring/summer.

My ducks enclosure is enclosed with hardware cloth & chicken wire. Chicken wire is across the top. 1/3 of the food also has sunscreen paneling for shade. So the hawks can’t actually get in and access the ducks at all.

They do love sitting on the roof and just be a menace. My ducks are usually in their pool below and do not move til the hawk is scared off.
I have an owl statue decoy that I move every other day, several reflective windsocks, and a set of windchimes. Also I raise 1 black duck to seem if the hawks would think from afar it was a crow…

Any other ideas how to get the hawks to bigger off? They can’t get to my hens to harm them but I am worried about stress they might be causing.

(Note I can’t get a drake right now and I can’t take on a livestock guardian animal atm) any other idea I’d welcome thank you!!!

I set up a crow feeder in my front yard ( duck chickens, and geese are in the backyard) I’ve been feeding the crows dry dog food and peanuts in the shell (plus any stale bread or questionable eggs from time to time)
They have nested in the trees around my yard and they keep hawks away. I have 90 percent less hawks. Crows are like mafia I pay them for protection lol

I set up a crow feeder in my front yard ( duck chickens, and geese are in the backyard) I’ve been feeding the crows dry dog food and peanuts in the shell (plus any stale bread or questionable eggs from time to time)
They have nested in the trees around my yard and they keep hawks away. I have 90 percent less hawks. Crows are like mafia I pay them for protection lol
I’ll look into this, I’m more residential than rural right now. I just don’t see many crowd in my area. Aside from hawks I have many mourning doves (very glad as they are less and less common), jays, starlings and such so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attract crows as I don’t seem them often

Back
Top Bottom