Devastating loss. Graphic pictures please help!

its been my expeirence that a wound like that was done by a fox, however you said this was during the day and she doesnt look like she was trapped where he couldnt carry her off.I did lose a hen to an owl a few weeks ago but the owl had wrang its neck to kill it. and a week later the owl came back to where i carried it off and drug the remains 50 ft and ate the whole bird. so im not sure as too what got your hen. hopefully by now you have found it and iliminated the problem.

Been there done that. Red tail hawk killed my main Dark Brahma rooster, cornered him between coops. Had ripped his throat and preceeded to pluck his breast to eat. Ran it off came back next morning, damaged another Bearded Buff Polish Roo, a Roeun duck, and a RedSex Link hen. Ran zig zag twine accross the runs with old cd's dangling in the sun. Very hard to navigate to fly in, and they do not like the flashes from the cd"s. Something else... I have been leavibg corn for the crows and ravens. They are hawk enemies. Will chase them away every time. I have noticed the crows nested in near by trees...a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom