dewormer question

So...45 ml for Safeguard, 16 ml for Valbazen, correct? Would you repeat in 10 days? fyi, my pullet is on her second day of Safeguard, and she is acting completely normal now, so it is very effective. The vet said 3 - 5 days for Safeguard, but whatever works best.
What dose did your vet recommend?

If I did the math correctly, yes.

Safeguard - 200 / 2.2 x 50 /100 = 45.45 ml
Safeguard - 200 / 2.2 x 20 /113.6 = 16 ml

Seems like Valbazen would be a lot cheaper....and easier, since there's less to mix. :p What do you think of the multi species Safeguard? Durvet actually makes it, not Merck. I called them and asked them about it. They said the only reason they don't have poultry on the label is that the FDA wanted them to do more testing before they could put poultry on the label, and they chose not to. I have never seen it here, but I'm curious about it. It is pelleted feed marketed for other livestock, and zoo animals.

If you mean what dose did he recommend for the pullet, he said 1/2 CC of the Safeguard suspension. She doesn't weigh more than two pounds.
Okay, that's about 50 mg/kg, which is the number I used for my calculation. How many days did he say to give it?

Okay, that's about 50 mg/kg, which is the number I used for my calculation. How many days did he say to give it?
3 - 5 days. That's what he has always said, and if I have to treat an indvidual I usually start with three and then just see how it goes. In her case, after the first day, she was telling me she was all better and was ready to come out. Lol. He only saw a few worms, and she didn't appear too sick to start with. I decided to just do three days with her, since the flock will be dewormed soon, also and she will be back with them by then.

Back
Top Bottom