Dewormers

Okay, so out of curiosity I was sitting with my chickens when one of them pooped. I just wanted to take a quick look, and wasn't expecting anything. To my surprise, there were tiny white worms wriggling in the poop! I was right! I am buying a dewormer Asap!

Attachments

• C5E00A66-64C5-432A-89A9-1C1F601C65CE.jpeg
    C5E00A66-64C5-432A-89A9-1C1F601C65CE.jpeg
    930.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 48BBCCB1-4286-47A4-BC12-FBE233DD5D44.jpeg
    48BBCCB1-4286-47A4-BC12-FBE233DD5D44.jpeg
    908 KB · Views: 12
  • 72D7FCFD-CED0-407A-9FFF-D519BE32BB10.jpeg
    72D7FCFD-CED0-407A-9FFF-D519BE32BB10.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 14
Okay, so out of curiosity I was sitting with my chickens when one of them pooped. I just wanted to take a quick look, and wasn't expecting anything. To my surprise, there were tiny white worms wriggling in the poop! I was right! I am buying a dewormer Asap!
They have tapeworms.
I would use Equimax equine paste. The dose is 0.15 ml per 5# chicken. That is a very small amount of paste.
It helps to withhold feed from the birds the day before and morning of deworming to help weaken the tapeworms.
Repeat in 10 days.

They have tapeworms.
I would use Equimax equine paste. The dose is 0.15 ml per 5# chicken. That is a very small amount of paste.
It helps to withhold feed from the birds the day before and morning of deworming to help weaken the tapeworms.
Repeat in 10 days.
I’m going to Tractor Supply soon, I will look for it, and let you guys know which one I find and buy. I might pick up more than one kind of dewormer.

They have tapeworms.
Repeat in 10 days.
Here’s what I’ve got, I got Strike 3 poultry pellets to mix in with feed, and these poultry dewormer capsules that also mix into the food. My questions are; can I make fermented feed with them? And also, can I use them together? Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 14
Here’s what I’ve got, I got Strike 3 poultry pellets to mix in with feed, and these poultry dewormer capsules that also mix into the food. My questions are; can I make fermented feed with them? And also, can I use them together? Thanks everyone!
Fenbendazole only treats a few varieties of tapeworms. You want to hit them with something that will get all or most of the varieties. That is why I recommended the Equimax equine wormer. It contains praziquantel which is more effective at treating tapeworms.

Return the Strike 3. It's not going to rid your birds of the parasite load they have.
I'd also return the Poultry dewormer capsules. The dose is very low. You would be better off buying Safeguard liquid goat wormer if you want to use fenbendazole instead.

Last edited:
Fenbendazole only treats a few varieties of tapeworms. You want to hit them with something that will get all or most of the varieties. That is why I recommended the Equimax equine wormer. It contains prazantiquel which is more effective at treating tapeworms.

Return the Strike 3. It's not going to rid your birds of the parasite load they have.
I'd also return the Poultry dewormer capsules. The dose is very low. You would be better off buying Safeguard liquid goat wormer if you want to use fenbendazole instead.
Thank you for the advice, unfortunately I went to about 3 different stores and could not find the Safeguard goat. I was actually trying to find it because I did see some people suggest it. I will try to look online but I will worm them with this for now. Thanks for all the advice!

Back
Top Bottom