Deworming Chickens

HipChick60

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2017
Please advise. I have already dewormed my chickens with Wazine in the past. They are having very loose stools. Is it safe to do you worm with Valbazen, Zimectrin Gold equine paste and Wazine at the same time? I already put diatomaceous earth in their food periodically.

Please advise. I have already dewormed my chickens with Wazine in the past. They are having very loose stools. Is it safe to do you worm with Valbazen, Zimectrin Gold equine paste and Wazine at the same time? I already put diatomaceous earth in their food periodically.
Welcome to BYC!

Can you post pics of there poop?

There is no need to worm them with all of those wormers i would just use Valbazen or Safguard.Diatomaceous Earth will not kill worms.

This may be gross but I think I can give a very close description of their droppings. Looks like a red/brown liquid ( like chocolate pudding before it sets). Which of those dewormers would you personally use on your chickens? I have 4 adult chickens. Thank you for your response.

This may be gross but I think I can give a very close description of their droppings. Looks like a red/brown liquid ( like chocolate pudding before it sets). Which of those dewormers would you personally use on your chickens? I have 4 adult chickens. Thank you for your response.
Safeguard is the easiest to get but if you can i would use Valbazen liquid.Do they seem lethargic?

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! I will leave it to the experts in all things to do with worming...but here's a link from the Learning Center with some good information: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/internal-parasites-parasitic-worms-in-chickens
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
woot.gif

Welcome to BYC!

Can you post pics of there poop?

There is no need to worm them with all of those wormers i would just use Valbazen or Safguard.Diatomaceous Earth will not kill worms.
Which would you use for your chickens Valbazen or Safguard? Thank you.

No not at all. They run around and debug under the shrubs in my yard. They run after me to follow where ever I go. They even try to fly when they can run fast enough. I have had to treat my dogs for worms last fall and not sure if they could have got worms (hook and Tape worms) from the dog poo residue in the yard if i missed piking any up. That's why I wormed with Wazine, but found out that only covers round worm. I have not had their droppings tested, just thought because of the risk present I would just worm them to be safe and then I would bleach the areas they spend the most and move them to another part of the property for a month. I am just winging this ( pun intended) but i really don't wan to harm the chickens they are so sweet. they love their back scratches. I have dusted them with diatomaceous earth for bugs too but might not be the correct thing to do either.

No not at all. They run around and debug under the shrubs in my yard. They run after me to follow where ever I go. They even try to fly when they can run fast enough. I have had to treat my dogs for worms last fall and not sure if they could have got worms (hook and Tape worms) from the dog poo residue in the yard if i missed piking any up. That's why I wormed with Wazine, but found out that only covers round worm. I have not had their droppings tested, just thought because of the risk present I would just worm them to be safe and then I would bleach the areas they spend the most and move them to another part of the property for a month. I am just winging this ( pun intended) but i really don't wan to harm the chickens they are so sweet. they love their back scratches. I have dusted them with diatomaceous earth for bugs too but might not be the correct thing to do either.
Worming wont hurt them but i would have a fecal flotation done just to be sure.It doesn't sound like they have worms.

Back
Top Bottom