Deworming chickens?

coatsra

Chirping
Oct 5, 2020
We’ve had so much rain, and I’ve noticed our chickens have had diarrhea.. I think at this point a dewormer wouldn’t hurt, can someone point me to a direction of a good dewormer I could pick up at TSC or order off Amazon? And how much I should use? We have about 30 chickens, and I think I could orally get it done (I read that’s the best route). Also, do eggs need to be discarded after use and if so, for how long?

Thank you so much.

Valbazen 1/2 ml for a 4-6 pound chicken orally once, and repeated in 10 days is a good dewormer. Many use SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or the horse paste, 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound of weight given orally. Give it once and again in 10 days for treatment of only roundworms and cecal worms. Give it for 5 consecutitve days and it will treat roundworms, cecal, gapeworms, and capillary worms. Some feed stores carry Valbazen, but you can find it online. Safeguard and the brand Panacur are usually found at TSC and most feed stores. TSC will order Valbazen to be picked up. Here is a link for online:
https://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen-oral-suspension-500ml-w-cap/p

Valbazen 1/2 ml for a 4-6 pound chicken orally once, and repeated in 10 days is a good dewormer. Many use SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or the horse paste, 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound of weight given orally. Give it once and again in 10 days for treatment of only roundworms and cecal worms. Give it for 5 consecutitve days and it will treat roundworms, cecal, gapeworms, and capillary worms. Some feed stores carry Valbazen, but you can find it online. Safeguard and the brand Panacur are usually found at TSC and most feed stores. TSC will order Valbazen to be picked up. Here is a link for online:
https://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen-oral-suspension-500ml-w-cap/p
You’re amazing.. thank you!

You’re welcome. Those wormers all require a 14 day egg withdrawal time, although some people ignore it. The wet conditions can make them drink more water, thus making droppings loose.

I have seen it at Rural King and Southern States in years past. But they usually don’t have it in stock at my TSC. It costs more, but lasts a long time and has 500 ml or 100 doses for average size chickens. Too bad they don’t sell smaller quantities. I shared my original bottle with friends or neighbors who had chickens.

Back
Top Bottom