Deworming....

(Diatomacious earth) is great for deworming, just make sure you get the food grade kind. It is also great for mites. I give it to all my farm animals it is really good for them google it for more info.

Once it is damp or wet Diatomaceous Earth is ineffective for controlling internal parasites unless I guess your chickens are mummified. Today there are people claiming that ACV cures lung cancer, HIV, and Alzheimer's Disease. It is legal to do so just as long as the actual manufacture of ACV doesn't sell their product for this purpose or list ACV as a cure all of one type or another on the label. Think about the $10 payment Red Bull drinkers are entitled to because this energy drink failed to give Red Bull drinkers "Wings" The "wings" claim came directly from Red Bull, ACV bottlers however are smarter than that.

As for wormy chickens being healthier chickens I am waiting on someone to claim that a little cancer is good for the body. Which one of you will decline to see your doctor if you find a lump in your breast? Do you expect breast cancer to make you healthier?

The truth is that worm medicine is toxic to life, both the worms' lives and the lives of your chickens. It just kills the worms quicker or easier than it kills your chickens. Therefor you never want to treat chickens too often for intestinal worms. Ever 3 to 6 months is good if your chickens free range a lot because your hens will be more likely exposed to worm eggs in the insects that they eat. Earth worms, slugs, crickets, darkling beetles and their larva, grasshoppers, and snails are some of the worst intestinal parasite hosts. Also the longer that chickens have been on the premises the greater the likely hood that your chicken run will have a high load of worm eggs.

gig.gif
As you can see from the two adds above, there is nothing new under the Sun. Especially if we're talking about Dr. Quack's or is it pronounced Dr. Kwak's Tapeworms?
lau.gif

Be sure to act today to win your free pewter bleeding bowl, supplies are limited.

Last edited:
Here is a quote from Dr. Christine King on Diatomaceous Earth and how basically food grade DE is useless.

Quote:
diatomite. Diatomaceous earth is a naturally occurring, soft, chalky rock that, when crushed,
yields a fine, light-grey powder. It consists of fossilized remains of tiny hard-shelled algae called
diatoms. Owing to their high content of crystalline silica, diatomite is mildly abrasive.
In fact, that is the mechanism by which diatomite is purported to kill intestinal parasites. It is
believed that the abrasive micro-surfaces of the diatomite cut the outer membranes of the
parasites like thousands of tiny blades. But I question that premise. Industrial-grade diatomite
has a high silica content and is used as a mild abrasive. However, food-grade diatomite has a
much lower content of crystalline silica, so it is minimally abrasive.
And even if the abrasion theory is valid, then what does this stuff do to the delicate lining of
the digestive tract? While I could not find even one scientific study which validates the use of
diatomite against internal parasites in horses or other livestock, my search did turn up several
articles documenting the health risks of chronic exposure to diatomite. When inhaled, it causes
inflammation of the airways and, with chronic exposure, even some fibrosis (scarring).
Even more concerning was a study which showed that chronic oral intake of diatomite can
damage the intestinal lining, altering its absorptive properties and making it more permeable to
potentially harmful substances. So, it seems to me that the practice of using diatomaceous earth
as a daily dewormer for horses is either useless but harmless or useful but harmful, depending on
the grade of diatomite used.''

Verm-X and Wazine can be added to there sole source of water, but there limited to the worms that they treat.
There are some wormers like Rooster Boosters Triple Action Multi-Wormer that are pelleted and can be added to there feed.

I myself like the pill form and I use;
Vormal (its a capsule containing 300 mg Piperazine, 110 mg Levamisole, 12 mg Albendazole)
Trifen Plus (its a capsule containing Ivomec 0.2mg Febendazole 30mg)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom