DFW Area

L

lesley7244

Hi all,

What municipalities in the DFW area allow BYC? I know Dallas does, but what about Southlake, Grapevine, Bedford, Arlington, Euless, Grand Prairie, Keller, NRH and Mansfield? We are looking to move, and I want to know where is okay for chickens. Wouldn't be moving to a large, acre lot or anything. Just a typical house/yard.

Thanks,

Lesley

Im doing the same thing for the Waco area some cities around us have a 6 bird limit , some dont allow farm animals of any kind.
ep.gif

To get a better idea look up as many cities as you can here.
http://www.municode.com/library/ClientListing.aspx?stateID=43
Once you get the city ordinances up there is a search bar at the top (search fowl) and it should come up with most of them.
Good Luck!

Don't forget to check the zoning for your residence. A lot of times the muni code doesn't prohibit them under 'animals' but they prohibit or restrict them under zoning regs.

I just call that towns city hall and ask.

we are looking to move (though we live in a town that I can have as many as I want, and roos as long as penned up). We have looked at 2 very small towns, both of which dont allow chickens (however, 1 towns city hall lady told me tons of ppl there have actual livestock, pigs, cows included and they didnt have an animal control so no one would show up to tell me to get rid of the chickens). The other town was definately a no unless grandfathered.
Stupidest crap Ive heard of considering Dallas allows them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom