DH saw a mountain lion this morning

We had a bobcat 4 feet from our house a week ago. He was scaring my chickens and 2 had heartattacks.
sad.png
We are in Southern Arizona.

Junkmanme, that is an amazing picture! Guard mule
lau.gif

Do you think that image has been enhanced to make it look like that mule is kickin' butt on that mountain lion?
Could be...

BellLisamo, so sorry for your loss, their little hearts can be so fragile.

Dutchess,

I think those pictures of the Mule killing the Mountain Lion are REAL !

Donkeys and Burros are known to be good at attacking "cats"...so I imagine that the Mule pictured has that in his genes.

just my opinion,
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
Oh really? You aren't exagerating a bit are you?

Our game dept said they did not exsist in Va. until some one gave them a picture from a game cam trail cam .I have killed some 45-60 lb. bobcats the last coupla years the picture of the mountain lion was much bigger then these it was found in surry / isle of wright county Va. not 5-10 miles from town. lions in Ct yea I can believe that.

Quote:
The real story was linked in that photo, here it is:

http://www.westernmulemagazine.com/image/webimage/MULE VS MOUNTAIN LION2.pdf

At the end the reporter asked the guy if the mountain lion was stalking him, but the guy said it's every lion hunters dream to be stalked but that was not the case. He said the first one he shot with the mule the mule nibbled on and by the second one he got more aggressive.

I still have questions that didn't get answered by the story but oh well. They are neat pics and ha ha... a dog audience.

Here in California the mountian lions are very common. However, generally they tend to be shy hunters focusing on safe prey for them to kill. Bobcats are more likely to prey on your chickens than a mountain lion. Also, many people resist this idea, but it is very common for people who have never seen a mountain lion in person to misidentify a bobcat as a mountain lion. I am not saying that it is the case here, but it happens all the time. For instance, i had a neigbor who swore he was seeing one and even described a typical mountian lion - Guess what? It was a bobcat! lol On the other hand, I have seen an actual mountain lion near my house 2 times, and our college is plagued with one that likes to visit the parking lots (they have pics- it's a mountain lion). Despite living closely with people and animals, no one has had any losses or injuries attributable to the lions.

Back
Top Bottom