Diahrrea

A picture of the poop would help. What do you feed them? Do any other of your chickens have similar symptoms?

Do you worm your flock? Could it be coccidiosis? Do you keep them on the same ground and has it been warm & wet recently?
She might be getting bullied away from the food and not eating enough.

I think there are various home remedies to help prevent worms but to actually deworm your flock I would recommend using medication.
I'm pretty sure she's not getting bullied. She may not be the alpha, but as a group. They all bully this one little Chicken. And that seems to be developmentally disabled. I've been watching her pretty close for the last 24 hours and I can't tell if she's lethared or not. Because she does tend to sort of wander away from the other chickens more than some of them do. I also can't tell if she still has diarrhea because i'm not seeing any unusual poop anywhere in the yard. I haven't seen an egg from her today but the day is still young where I am. She was cursing for me this morning so I picked her up. And I checked for mites and I didn't see any. I only checked on her back though. So if there's someplace else that's a better place to look I'd love to know. Her crop seems fine and I don't know enough about chickens to know what her abdomen should feel like. 2 things that were suggested to me that I have not done yet. Are 2 clean her vent area. That's all mattered with the running poop with warm water and Epsom salts and two feature a probiotic like a plain yogurt. I'm not sure how to give her the yogurt. I'm gonna research that. I'm also gonna call my vet and see if I can get some type of a deworming medication for all of my chickens.

I'm pretty sure she's not getting bullied. She may not be the alpha, but as a group. They all bully this one little Chicken. And that seems to be developmentally disabled. I've been watching her pretty close for the last 24 hours and I can't tell if she's lethared or not. Because she does tend to sort of wander away from the other chickens more than some of them do. I also can't tell if she still has diarrhea because i'm not seeing any unusual poop anywhere in the yard. I haven't seen an egg from her today but the day is still young where I am. She was cursing for me this morning so I picked her up. And I checked for mites and I didn't see any. I only checked on her back though. So if there's someplace else that's a better place to look I'd love to know. Her crop seems fine and I don't know enough about chickens to know what her abdomen should feel like. 2 things that were suggested to me that I have not done yet. Are 2 clean her vent area. That's all mattered with the running poop with warm water and Epsom salts and two feature a probiotic like a plain yogurt. I'm not sure how to give her the yogurt. I'm gonna research that. I'm also gonna call my vet and see if I can get some type of a deworming medication for all of my chickens.
Corrections: At the beginning of my response, I was explaining that all of the chickens bully. My one little chicken that seems to be developmentally disabled. I spoke my message and what my phone typed out looks a little garbled. Also, lethered should have read lethargic.

They will probably just eat the yoghurt. Mine go nuts for it.

When you check for mites check all over. Underneath leg feathers, under wings, around vent and abdomen, along keel bone, and behind the neck/at the shoulders. You’re looking for mites but also looking for broken or plucked feathers, dry scabby skin, redness or bleeding.

The abdomen of a laying chicken should be soft and squishy. You can feel your other layers to compare.

They will probably just eat the yoghurt. Mine go nuts for it.

When you check for mites check all over. Underneath leg feathers, under wings, around vent and abdomen, along keel bone, and behind the neck/at the shoulders. You’re looking for mites but also looking for broken or plucked feathers, dry scabby skin, redness or bleeding.

The abdomen of a laying chicken should be soft and squishy. You can feel your other layers to compare.
Lol you are assuming that my chickens are docile. But yes, I will check more places for mites. I did see healthy skin. I will put the yogurt out in a couple of bowls. Thanks!

Lol you are assuming that my chickens are docile. But yes, I will check more places for mites. I did see healthy skin. I will put the yogurt out in a couple of bowls. Thanks!
Put yogurt out. They love it! Not sure if my diahrrea chicken ate any, as she was sitting on her egg when I first put it out.

Thanks so much for your advice. I did put plates of yogurt out and, like yours, they went crazy over it. I am in the process of checking all of the chickens, all over, and so far no mites. Shirley, my chicken with diarrhea, didnt appear to have crop or abdomonial issues when I checked her, and seems to have gotten over whatever ailed her-I find no more signs of diarrhea. I did sprinkle fresh diatomaceous earth in the hoop house for their dust baths and in the deep litter of the coop. Again, thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom