Diamond Dove with Crest

jak2002003

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 24, 2009
Thailand
Hi. I have had a pair of diamond doves for about 4 months now. The female has a crest on the back of her head. She is very beautiful. I had a friend come to see me and he told me he has never seen a diamond dove with a crest before.

I looked on the internet for pics, but there does not seem to be any mention of a crested diamond dove!

It she unusual? I also keep ring neck doves and some of them have a crest too. The diamond dove definitely has a crest - its not in injury or damaged feathers.

Can anyone tell me if she is unique - or do crested diamond doves exist?

I can try to post a photo if anyone is interested.

Pics on their way. Wow that thing was difficult to take a pic of. She was very camera shy!
I will post a pic tonight when I am back from work.

Here she is! She hated having her photo taken. What do you think? Is this a new mutation? I still can not find any information about Diamond Doves with Crests.......
Back View.........
F

Side View........

They are just my pets - I am not in any society and am not a breeder.

But I do like to let my birds breed and raise chicks. Its very interesting for me. I think she is a she! The other one is a male for sure. I will let them breed, but I have no idea about genetics or how to cross or back cross or whatever that is.

Have to see what happens I guess. They are too young at the moment though.

Would you sell her? I would give you $100 for her right now, just because I love oddities. If she has any progeny with crests, I would make the promise to send one back to you.
Im very interested,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom