Diarrhea across the whole flock?

Dudu

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Ħal Luqa, Malta
Since I am NEW to chickens I have a silly question, but as I'm a worry wart I thought I'd better ask.

I've noticed in the past few days that there's a lot more yellowish runny poop in our yard than usual. It's not like the yard is covered with it, but I noticed it more than usually. Even the three house babies have it in their cage, and the one in the house right now with problematic legs.

In the past few days our weather has changed drastically from sunny and warm (78 F?) to rather cool (64 F? 18 C at night) and it's been very, VERY windy.

Could this be a possible cause?

I know there's not enough information but truly we haven't changed anything lately, just been giving them yummies (tomatoes, cabbage) as before (maybe a little more cabbage this time around) but if I remember correctly, the poop was already there before we handed out our weekly box of yummies to them. (Dang, don't you wish you could remember such details sometimes...)

Thanks a lot!
Yes, that's what it looks like indeed. I was just surprised to see more of the mustard colour stuff than usual. Then again maybe I'm paranoid already, LOL, with all the things going on.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Quote:
It's always good to be paranoid. Better safe then sorry. Very good being observant.
thumbsup.gif

Sending daily healthy vibes to your flock your way.

Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement!

And I love your avatar line there... About reducing and recycling... That's what we're trying to get going also.

Back
Top Bottom