Diarrhea and not laying

ahero2

Hatching
Jun 6, 2023
Hi,
I think my hen has vent gleet. I have been treating her for 4 weeks and it is only slightly better. I have been cleaning her daily and applying monistat as well as giving her yogurt with extra probiotics and water with ACV. We have also been giving her an epsom salt bath every 2 days.

She is still having diarrhea/white discharge so I stopped the yogurt a week ago thinking that could be contributing to the diarrhea. No change. I really don't know what to do at this point. She has also stopped laying. She seems to be in good health other than the discharge.

Any ideas?

The white poop is urate. Have you ever wormed her?
It is runny and drippy. Not the regular stuff. I have not worked her, but she is 1 of 40. If it was worms I figured more would be having the same problem.

Not necessarily, parasitic worm have to be ingested to become infected. There rate of spread varies on the condition of the birds health. And not every bird would eat in the same location. So not every bird would be sick from it.

But you would know better since you manage them.

Thanks. I'll look into that.
Not necessarily, parasitic worm have to be ingested to become infected. There rate of spread varies on the condition of the birds health. And not every bird would eat in the same location. So not every bird would be sick from it.

But you would know better since you manage them.

Back
Top Bottom