1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Diarrhea :-/

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mysheezab, Sep 29, 2012.

1. mysheezab

mysheezab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    PA
    So my 3 and 1/2 week old chicks are having occasional diarrhea. Not bloody but Liquid. Is this stress induced? I don't feed them anything but the chick feed. It's unmedicated. They all get diarrhea but all of them act normal and happy. They are also doing this strange little sneeze too. I'm not sure what its all about. Are my babies sick?!? Anything to help them? Do they make chick probiotics? :-/ I am very worried about them :( any advice is much appreciated thanks

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Have a look here: http://pluckandfeather.com/chicken-poo-chart-graphic.html

You can give your chicks plain yoghurt as a healthy snack and some Apple Cider Vinegar in their drink water. (4-5 tablespoons to a gallon water). It'll give them a little health boost. If their symptoms get worse or they develop more you should post in the Emergencies and Diseases section.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Achickenwrangler#1

Achickenwrangler#1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    Give them a few apples, as well as the others things mentioned. You may want to look into fermenting feed/grain as its supposed to render probiotics available for digestion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by