Diatomaceous Earth and Chicks

That girl does sound a little sore, as described in the rest of your post.

Sometimes, genetics does make a difference and Lavender is one of them.. I have one lav Wyandotte chick with no feathers on his back yet, despite no parasite or picking type issues..

Sounds like they are in good hands, and you'll get it all figured out.. :thumbsup

IDK, I just FEEL like I NEED to see a photo of the two new buddies together! :pop

NEED.. not exaggerated, I could use the lift. :oops:
Sorry you're having a bad day. Hopefully these cute little chicks will help. The Lavender's name is Rain and the BLRW is named Blue (after Beatles songs)

Attachments

• buddies.jpg
    buddies.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 11
  • buddies2.jpg
    buddies2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 12
  • buddies3.jpg
    buddies3.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 12
  • buddies4.jpg
    buddies4.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 11
That girl does sound a little sore, as described in the rest of your post.

Sometimes, genetics does make a difference and Lavender is one of them.. I have one lav Wyandotte chick with no feathers on his back yet, despite no parasite or picking type issues..

Sounds like they are in good hands, and you'll get it all figured out.. :thumbsup

IDK, I just FEEL like I NEED to see a photo of the two new buddies together! :pop

NEED.. not exaggerated, I could use the lift. :oops:
If you get the chance, I would love to see your Lavender Wyandotte. Sounds adorable, and I've not see the breed except on the websites that profile the different breeds.

Sorry you're having a bad day. Hopefully these cute little chicks will help. The Lavender's name is Rain and the BLRW is named Blue (after Beatles songs)
So cute, lol. Thanks! :love

In picture # 3 the lav looks like Naked Neck and the Wyandotte looks like a turkey. :p

It's been a rough week, as we celebrated 11+ wonderful years together with Daisy May before saying or goodbye's on Monday.. Off topic, but thanks tons for the encouragement and support! (It was May 2009 when she found and rescued me at the dog park, already wearing a collar with daisy's on it :D)
0603171724.jpg
1495651339721.jpg

I will share Lav Wyandotte pics when I can. I have also worked with (bred) lav in bantam and standard size Ameraucana. Orp was my first lav birds, but grew too slow for me. My friend has lav Marans right now (and Ameraucana actaully), we can't wait to see their egg color!

So cute, lol. Thanks! :love

In picture # 3 the lav looks like Naked Neck and the Wyandotte looks like a turkey. :p

It's been a rough week, as we celebrated 11+ wonderful years together with Daisy May before saying or goodbye's on Monday.. Off topic, but thanks tons for the encouragement and support! (It was May 2009 when she found and rescued me at the dog park, already wearing a collar with daisy's on it :D)
View attachment 2277959View attachment 2277960

I will share Lav Wyandotte pics when I can. I have also worked with (bred) lav in bantam and standard size Ameraucana. Orp was my first lav birds, but grew too slow for me. My friend has lav Marans right now (and Ameraucana actaully), we can't wait to see their egg color!
OMG I am so sorry. I've lost 2 Labs in the past and I still cry over them, so I know how devastating the loss is. Daisy is such a gorgeous girl. I'm sure she's just as happy you rescued her that day. Those pics sure show a happy girl.

I had one hen that had a bare patch that eventually turned into a full, red, bare butt. I tried several things, and finally found something that suggested the use of athlete's foot cream. I applied it for a week or so. The redness went away and all her feathers grew back in completely.

Back
Top Bottom