Dickey?

Quote:
It should be there in plenty of time. Good luck on the eggs. I've got some of her Silkies, very nice. And I just held on to my Hovabators. My last hatch, I had a couple of weak chicks, and I just put them in the Hovabator for a couple of days before I put them into the brooder with the other chicks. Or you could sell them if you don't think you'll use them. People are always looking for styro incubators.

Paula
smile.png

Has anyone had any issues with their Dickey? Also, what kind of warranty does he offer? I looked on his site, but cant find anything......

eta: I noticed that the sportsmans now are all digital - has a computer, etc etc. Computerized readout and such.... Dickeys arent like that right?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of their Dickeys? I'd be interested in seeing yours, vs the one on his website.

Last edited:
incubator007.jpg

incubator015.jpg

incubator017.jpg

incubator018.jpg

It comes with a humidity tray. The little bowl on the top shelf is my own. My humidity was too high with the humidity tray. I have since put the tray back in, and covered it partly with aluminum foil.

Paula

...and that's the hatcher on the bottom, right? It's covered? I'm pretty impressed with these pictures - much more so than his website. Thank you so much for sharing them.

I'm sill curious about the digital aspects.......anyone?

You can get a digital thermostat, if that is what you are asking. He offers the wafer and the digital. He also offers the digital thermometer. I'm not sure on the warranty. That is something my dh is going to ask when he calls on Monday. But I think Mr. Dickey is the type to stand behind his product. If you have any questions, I would call him, he is a very very nice man.

Quote:
Somebody had to do it, MP. lol The pics on the website don't do this thing justice.
Seriously, though, when I was thinking about getting a cabinet bator, I was going to get a Sportsman. I had no idea there was an option until Bamachicken brought it to my attention. I'm so glad she did. The Sportsman works just fine. Those who have them are happy with them, I'm sure. I just think everyone should know that there is another cabinet bator out there. There is something other than the Sportsman, and it is hand made using real wood, by a really nice man who has been doing this for years. He makes a great product, and has great customer service to boot!

Kbeale, it does come with a one year warranty, and does have a digital thermometer backed by a wafer. Not sure what you mean by digital readout-it does have a really nice digital thermometer/hygrometer.

I think anyone who gets a Dickey would be very happy with their purchase. Hey, if it's what Miss Prissy uses, what more proof do ya need??
wink.png

Paula

droolin.gif
ok now I am even more excited!!! I didnt think it would look that awesome. I believe there is a one year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom