Did anyone else set eggs on or near 10/16/09?

Quote:
Awesome - I will look forward to communicating along the way. Do you think 7 is too few to set? I could add 2-4 more today from my hens but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Quote:
I set 16 eggs on Thursday the 15 and filled the rest of the turner today the 17th.

I have EEs, 3 BCMs, the rest are "mutt eggs".
smile.png

i just set my first set of eggs today on the 17th. they are 41 RIR. I got them from ebay. will see in 10 days how they are when i candle them. I got my fingers crossed. I am using a 1588 genesis. was a bit pricey over the others but as it is my first it will help me along as it is all preset. right now it has been steady at 99.8 temp. I did a test run last week and was holding great also.

Quote:
Awesome - I will look forward to communicating along the way. Do you think 7 is too few to set? I could add 2-4 more today from my hens but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Oh, I think 7 is a great number to hatch. I guess you could still add some in, as it is only 1 day difference. More than that is difficult, and works better with 2 incubators (a staggered hatch).

How's your temp and humidity doin'? Mine looks pretty stable, I hope!

Quote:

Oh, I think 7 is a great number to hatch. I guess you could still add some in, as it is only 1 day difference. More than that is difficult, and works better with 2 incubators (a staggered hatch).

How's your temp and humidity doin'? Mine looks pretty stable, I hope!

I did add 2 more eggs today so I have a total of 9 in the incubator. We have been busy all day with the kids activities. I just got home and my temp was only at 98.6 degrees.
sad.png

I watched a few cycles and it was going from 98.6 to 99.8 during the on/off cycle.

I am going to try to bump it up a bit in a few mins here. I am just so scared of baking the eggs and the aquarium thermostat I have is pretty touchy.

I set a dozen serama eggs on the 16th. I think I was told that they only incubate for 19 days.

I have eggs hatching almost every day this month all the way into the first week of November. Today I had some cochins, mixed banty's, silkies, and guinea keets hatch. Monday I have EE's due to hatch.

Shortly after I have Black Copper, Cuckoo, and French White Marans, Jersey Giants, Black Cochins LF, Mottled Cochins bantams, and D'uccles, then the Seramas, then Runner ducks. LOL

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom