Did anyone else set eggs on or near 10/16/09?

darn it!!!!!! We got home from town today and the humidity reading was way up again. The stupid tray was DRY...some automatic humidity system!!!! It keeps crimping! I opened the door (had to) and poured the tray FULL of hot water...ugh. I did hear a cheep, but I got it shut as fast as possible...dangit!

Last edited:
Well I woke up this morning to two chicks. The third is pipped but not zipped. I will take some photos after I get the kids to school.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Day 21... I had 4 make it to this point out of 7. One had a ruptured air cell, one didn't develop, and one was an early quitter.

I had a Pip this morning! Only one though and not cheeping much. Sounds weak.

Updated... One more pipped and the first is starting to zip!!!

Update again! The first one to pip has zipped more than halfway around in only about 2 hours! I will have a chick soon!!

Update: I have a healthy looking chickie! The second pip has started to zip!

Last edited:
Woke up this morning to 2 more healthy babies, 1 dead (had unabsorbed yolk on outside of his stomach) 1 had pipped and zipped, but it was at pointy end of egg and died before it could get out, and 1 that is nearly dead looks like it's guts are hanging on the outside (poor thing). Nothing I can really do for it, I wrapped it in a cloth so the others can't torture it, but it is going to die.

Another is zipping now, I hope it is going to be healthy. Out of 5 that hatched overnight, 3 are goners...I wonder why that happened so suddenly? Humidity was reeeally high this morning 90% so I opened the bator and let the humidity drop back down to 77%, hopefully it helps.

Also, another quail came last night! I had pretty much written them off but will leave the eggs until the chickens are done....you never know right? I have 1 more than I thought I was going to now.

Back
Top Bottom