Did anyone else set eggs on or near 10/16/09?

Hey, you guys are all doin' great!
thumbsup.gif

Keep the news comin' in ! And, as always, send pictures!

Here are pictures of my two buff silkie chicks that hatched!

The one in the back has kind of gray fuzz on it's back.

29972_silkie_chicks_3_11-07-09.jpg

Falling asleep while standing!

29972_silkie_chicks_411-07-09.jpg

Massive first chicky poo in 3-2-1....
DSCF4526a.JPG

Of course he waits for me to pick him up, cuddle him a bit and then put him on the pillow before doing a chick squat and leaving a massive mess.....

Isn't he cute?
DSCF4536a.JPG

I will be posting pics tommorrow. I have 11 in the bator running around but i want to give the rest some time to hatch before i open it. This morning is when the first one hatched so i figure sunday after church they should be dry and will put them in with the rest in the brooder.

Mine are due the 11th... nothing yet, but mama isn't exactly letting me seen anything. I think I'll move the nest to the ground level, because they're up high, but I don't want to confuse mom - maybe I'll wait until we have some hatches. I just don't want them falling out!

I use the same plastic bins that RevaVirginia has - love them.

Keep the pics coming! I love chicks!

3 drying off in the 'bator, 3 in the brooder. I know there are more pipped, but I didn't take time to look. The ones that hatched, hatched on Friday. I needed to get them out of the bator so they could eat/drink, since I have to work late tonight. Didn't want my first three to go hungry if I couldn't get back to them before tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom