Did anyone ever have to prove that eggs taste like..

LegHorn-BusHorn

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Near STL mo
eggs? OK, my son is 24 years old, when I showed him the fresh eggs, he says to me "Do they taste like eggs?" OMG I say " Of course they do!" So, he came by early this morning and I made him a FRESH egg sandwich. He says "Ya mom, these really do taste like regular eggs." How do people expect them to taste?
D.gif
Well I guess he and most people (not here) really don't know how fresh taste.

Ive never tasted my chickens eggs
hide.gif

I dont like eggs much. I cook with them, just dont eat them..
hu.gif

My SO refuses to eat them because its to "weird"

Oh I love my eggs! So does my Hubby! He brags to everyone about how much better they taste fresh and in cakes and cookies. I agree so many people are use to store eggs that they don't know what to expect them to taste like.

Do the taste test. Cook for your family one store bought egg and 1 fresh egg. Don't tell them which is which and see what they say. We did that and my family will not eat store bought eggs as they have a weird chemical taste. Went camping the other day. Forgot the eggs. My DH said I'm not eating any store bought eggs. I said me neither. Luckily found a very nice lady that had beautiful EE eggs.
smile.png

I really can't tell the difference yet. Probably after a while I will be able to. I don't eat eggs all that often just plain, but tomorrow morning I am going to make a great oven omelet. (I found the recipe here.)
thumbsup.gif

my kids dont like eggs that were store bought or made a restaurant

they say they are pale and colourless and taste like rubber

I LOVE my chickens eggs! a lot of my friends don't like eggs though...

Last edited by a moderator:
We eat only our own eggs. We kow exactly what our birds are eating and how fresh the eggs are. We mark the date in pencil on each egg to ensure proper rotation. I have noticed that the yolk in our eggs is a lot darker color than store bought eggs.

Doug

it took me awhile to eat my girls eggs.
hide.gif
Now I probably eat too many over medium on an english muffin with a piece of cheese.
wink.png

Does anyone else think they taste a bit...nutty?
idunno.gif

I had a lady tell me that she didn't want fresh eggs because they were not "processed" like the grocery store eggs...What???

I never would have believed the difference in taste between a store bought egg and our fresh eggs. Our eggs are so much better. And, the yolks are so much richer since our chickens free range and eat quality feed. Can't stand the thought of eating store bought eggs again.

Back
Top Bottom