Did anyone here that Grant's Farm in Missouri is closing?

Whispering Winds

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bond County, Illinois
I have a very good friend who sold two Alpacas to them for their petting zoo just two or three years ago, and they just contacted her and asked if she wanted them back, or if she wanted them to sell them. She wanted them back. She sold two to Billy Bush of the Anheiser Busch family for Xmas presents, and the workers on his farm told her last year before Xmas, that it wasn't long for the farm. I guess when they sold the brewery, the new company didn't want it, and the Busch family doesn't want to spend the upkeep on it.

I hadn't heard that. The original plan when InBev took over was to keep it's regular operating schedule, but we all know how those plans can change. I can't find anything about them closing on our news channel web sites. Last week when they did a story on the MDA telethon (it was televised from there) they said they were planning on keeping it open as InBev was dedicated to the tradition.

They do close during the week from Aug to Nov, they close for the winter and reopen in April. Maybe they are just getting rid of the petting zoo animals so they don't have to overwinter them.

This is the first year we didn't visit the farm. Our kids always love the tram ride thru the animal park. We'd be devastated not to get that fun next year.

Back
Top Bottom