1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did I guess right on these breeds ? ** WITH PICS **

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    all these baby's came from Privett - I got them all at our TS - 6 we got last week and 6 we got yesterday - I have been going through Privett's website and have been trying to compare the baby;s to the pictures - so do you think I guess right??
    I am going to give them the numbers that are on the pictures from my camera so I can keep track of the pictures

#317 -- Black Banty Cochin

[​IMG]

# 321-- Buff or Red Cochins ( 2 of these )
    [​IMG]

# 322 -- Blue Cochin ( really hopes this one is a pullet )
    [​IMG]

# 324 -- Golden Laced Cochin
    [​IMG]

# 328 -- Black Japanese

[​IMG]

# 329 -- Silverduckwing oegb ( 2 of these )
    [​IMG]

#330 -- Black Rosecomb

[​IMG]

# 332 -- Buff Brahma ( 2 of these )
    [​IMG]

# 333 -- Dark Cornish Banty
    [​IMG]

I can post pics in a few weeks to see how they all feather out
    so how do you think I did with my guessing? next question will be later on who is a roo LOL

julie

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    #332(buff brahma) looks like a mille fluer d'uccle to me, it has a beard a muff. The others look correct to me.

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:I agree it looks like the little milles I have out in the garage.

4. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Both of the ones that look like #332 - do have puffy cheecks I thought it was just the way thier fluff was - but I was petting thier faces and the fluff did not lay down it stayed pretty fluffy LOL so should I change that to Mille fluer d'uccle? I will go back to Privett's website and take a look at that breed and see how they compare - thank you for the help with that one

so I did alright on guessing the rest? I am really hopeing the one that is a Blue cochin is a pullet I would really love a blue anything - and I already have a banty roo out there - so who ever is a roo in this group I cant have.

Julie

5. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well I took a look at Privett's website at the Mille fluer d'uccle pictures and the baby's they show are alittle darker than mine , but I am sure they variey in color as babies. I would not mind if they were Mille's those are very pretty birds.

I will post again in a few weeks when I need help finding out who the roo is.

julie

6. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    anyone else care to take a guess LOL

7. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    #333 could also be a golden sebright

8. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Looking at the legs of the last one, I agree it is a golden sebright, it has slate legs.

9. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    if it is a goled seabright pullet I would be so happy - I did not even notice to pay attention to the leg colors and the pics Privett has are really hard to see - I hope I guessed right on the others

thank you for you help it would be so great to have a seabright they are such pretty birds

Julie

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    could puffy cheeks be a salmon?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by