Did I guess right on these breeds ? ** WITH PICS **

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    all these baby's came from Privett - I got them all at our TS - 6 we got last week and 6 we got yesterday - I have been going through Privett's website and have been trying to compare the baby;s to the pictures - so do you think I guess right??
    I am going to give them the numbers that are on the pictures from my camera so I can keep track of the pictures

#317 -- Black Banty Cochin

[​IMG]

# 321-- Buff or Red Cochins ( 2 of these )
    [​IMG]

# 322 -- Blue Cochin ( really hopes this one is a pullet )
    [​IMG]

# 324 -- Golden Laced Cochin
    [​IMG]

# 328 -- Black Japanese

[​IMG]

# 329 -- Silverduckwing oegb ( 2 of these )
    [​IMG]

#330 -- Black Rosecomb

[​IMG]

# 332 -- Buff Brahma ( 2 of these )
    [​IMG]

# 333 -- Dark Cornish Banty
    [​IMG]

I can post pics in a few weeks to see how they all feather out
    so how do you think I did with my guessing? next question will be later on who is a roo LOL

julie

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    #332(buff brahma) looks like a mille fluer d'uccle to me, it has a beard a muff. The others look correct to me.

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:I agree it looks like the little milles I have out in the garage.

4. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Both of the ones that look like #332 - do have puffy cheecks I thought it was just the way thier fluff was - but I was petting thier faces and the fluff did not lay down it stayed pretty fluffy LOL so should I change that to Mille fluer d'uccle? I will go back to Privett's website and take a look at that breed and see how they compare - thank you for the help with that one

so I did alright on guessing the rest? I am really hopeing the one that is a Blue cochin is a pullet I would really love a blue anything - and I already have a banty roo out there - so who ever is a roo in this group I cant have.

Julie

5. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well I took a look at Privett's website at the Mille fluer d'uccle pictures and the baby's they show are alittle darker than mine , but I am sure they variey in color as babies. I would not mind if they were Mille's those are very pretty birds.

I will post again in a few weeks when I need help finding out who the roo is.

julie

6. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    anyone else care to take a guess LOL

7. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Songster

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    #333 could also be a golden sebright

8. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Looking at the legs of the last one, I agree it is a golden sebright, it has slate legs.

9. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    if it is a goled seabright pullet I would be so happy - I did not even notice to pay attention to the leg colors and the pics Privett has are really hard to see - I hope I guessed right on the others

thank you for you help it would be so great to have a seabright they are such pretty birds

Julie

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    could puffy cheeks be a salmon?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: