DID I JUST KILL MY DUCKS!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foreverlovnlife

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 26, 2012
This is my first time incubating anything and I am in a panic and any information would help. So I started out with 20 duck eggs at 94 degress because that is as high as I THOUGHT the bator would go. When I put them in lock down 2 days ago there were 10 alive and moving. Now on day 27 I find out that I was just being dumb and the bator can go higher so now the ducks are at 98 degrees with 90% humidity. I wish I could open it up and look at them to see if their moving but I cant. Please someone tell me something!!! DID I JUST KILL MY DUCKS!!!!

its gonna take them longer to hatch due to the low temp and i think the humidity is to high but i have never really done duck eggs before

If 10 were moving a couple of days ago, I think you should just wait it out and see. But be aware that they may be late hatching since the temperature was a little low.

Having said that, all of my experience is with chicken eggs. My muscovies hatch all of their own eggs. So this may be completely wrong. The fact that they were moving two days ago seems promising though ...

Maybe someone else will chime in soon ...

humidity is a little high should be betwen 75-80%
so since it is this high you could quickly candle which would release some humidity .
and like everyone else said they are probably slightly behind on hatching schedual

i think but cant remeber that for every 1C 2F deviation you get 1 day

so that would be low means late and high means early

yours seem to be looking at about 3 days late by your temp

the humidity is best at 80% for Ducks

usually what you do is set to 65-70% on day 25 and then on day 27 [internal pip] up to 80%

I really wish you had researched duck incubation before you started this. Waterfowl can be quite different than poultry to hatch. 94* is too low. IF your ducks hatch, they could be a week or more late due to the low temperatures. Just as in most animals, ducks that are born much too early or much too late have an increased chance of difficulties.

I truely appreciate all of the posts!!! So what you are saying is that I havent killed my ducks but they will just be a few days late?? So now my question is if they will be a few days late how do I know if there just late and not dead??

I truely appreciate all of the posts!!! So what you are saying is that I havent killed my ducks but they will just be a few days late?? So now my question is if they will be a few days late how do I know if there just late and not dead??
I'd add at least a week to the original hatch date. If nothing appears to be moving I'd probably try the float test or candle

Also because I am in lockdown can I take them out to candle them?? Also should I continue to turn them if there going to be that long because I have taken them out of the turner?? Geez this process is sooooo stressfull!!!

Back
Top Bottom