I just purchased 3 pullets (through a seller off Craigs List) the other day. It was a last minute decision to get them--they were selling out. I had a temporary "coop" for them (a large wooden box w/water). I didn't make it to get their feed at tractor supply for one day--so they were getting some scratch grain/wild bird seed, grains from my own kitchen, & water. When I went to check on them this morning, one of the pullets was dead. I immediately removed & buried her, cleaned out the water bowl with a clorox solution & replenished it for the other birds. I gave the two remaining pullets some grower feed (they're about 13 weeks old, according to the seller) and they went crazy. Did I starve them by not giving them proper food for one day? Could it have been the shock of being transported? I have a dog who hasn't touched them, but is constantly watching them -- could the bird have been shocked? I feel terrible & want to make sure the others are OK.