Did my chick swallow something and it was still alive going down her throat or is it something worse?

Mar 25, 2020
a house, with a roof.
Not sure if I’m posting this is the right section but here it goes.
My six week old chick ate something and then her throat was moving as if she had the hiccups. At first it looked like a feeble attempt to crow while not making a sound. I picked her up and felt her throat just to feel a lump in her throat moving around in circles. I massaged the bump down her throat and after she swallowed a few times it was gone.
They don’t have any worms that I know of and she is a perfectly healthy bird. The lump is no longer there and she drank a lot of water after swallowing it.
Should I worry or did she just swallow a live fly? Or did she just have the hiccups?

Not sure if I’m posting this is the right section but here it goes.
My six week old chick ate something and then her throat was moving as if she had the hiccups. At first it looked like a feeble attempt to crow while not making a sound. I picked her up and felt her throat just to feel a lump in her throat moving around in circles. I massaged the bump down her throat and after she swallowed a few times it was gone.
They don’t have any worms that I know of and she is a perfectly healthy bird. The lump is no longer there and she drank a lot of water after swallowing it.
Should I worry or did she just swallow a live fly? Or did she just have the hiccups?
How is your chick today? She may have caught and eaten something a bit big for her. But if she is okay today, I wouldn't worry about it at all. They will eat just about anything they can run down and catch.

Back
Top Bottom