Did the incubation started during shipping?

Skyle

Fluffy feathered feet addicted
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2020
Between Italy and Slovenia
Hi, I am incubating some eggs for another person who gave me them yesterday.
I don't know when these eggs were sent, but I understood they made not the faster travel to here.
Before putting them in the incubator, I candled them, to see if everything is ok.
Other than few with hairline cracks, I saw that some of the brown ones are not completely light, but it seems like the incubation started 2-3 days before (in these days it has been fairly hot, maybe in the shipping trucks?). I sometimes candle my eggs at day 3 or 4, and I see that they become a bit darker-reddish, then develop the blood-vessels. And in some of the white ones I saw this. I never incubated white eggs, but this seems like the incubation started and then the embryo died.
What do you think?
Thank you
IMG_20210515_125341.jpg
IMG_20210515_125310.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I am incubating some eggs for another person who gave me them yesterday.
I don't know when these eggs were sent, but I understood they made not the faster travel to here.
Before putting them in the incubator, I candled them, to see if everything is ok.
Other than few with hairline cracks, I saw that some of the brown ones are not completely light, but it seems like the incubation started 2-3 days before (in these days it has been fairly hot, maybe in the shipping trucks?). I sometimes candle my eggs at day 3 or 4, and I see that they become a bit darker-reddish, then develop the blood-vessels. And in some of the white ones I saw this. I never incubated white eggs, but this seems like the incubation started and then the embryo died.
What do you think?
Thank you
View attachment 2670481View attachment 2670482
The white ones looks like air bubbles

Thank you. In the white one the air bubble is attached to the shell and the air cell is completely detached. In the second one it's more difficult to see it in photos, but it's way more darker than I expect in a non incubated egg, it's identical to my eggs when I have them incubated for 2-3 days. (in that one I also saw some very very little veins, almost invisible).
We'll see what happens:fl

They don't look like they've begun developing based off of the pictures to me, but I'm on my phone so I can't view the pictures as big. The air bubble one probably won't hatch, I've had a few like that and they never develop.
Did you let the eggs rest before you set them? How old are the eggs? For detached air cells, you may want to try incubating upright if you aren't already.

They don't look like they've begun developing based off of the pictures to me, but I'm on my phone so I can't view the pictures as big. The air bubble one probably won't hatch, I've had a few like that and they never develop.
Did you let the eggs rest before you set them? How old are the eggs? For detached air cells, you may want to try incubating upright if you aren't already.
Yes, they settled for 24 hours outside the incubator, then I putted then in the incubator (perfectly upright) and left them rest for more hours before turning on the egg turner (is one of those which keeps the eggs upright). I candled them again and (except two with completely detached cells) all the cells seem to be quite good attached (but they are saddle-shaped).
(To be more precise, I candled, saw the air cells were not so bad and then turned on the turner)

I really have no idea about how old these eggs are.

Thanks to everyone fir the replies though. Sometimes I'm a bit too much anxsious lol. I hope everything goes ok, can't wait to candle them at day 8 to see if they're fertile (I won't touch them until then, I don't want to mess up with something, the shipping already was stressing to them)

Back
Top Bottom