did the seller LIE? :(

Those are Columbian Rocks and they are goreous! It is a better pair than I've seen in 4H shows!

$10 is a darn good steal!!!!!!!!!

If you are seriously NOT wanting them, if you can ship, I am sure someone would take them off your hands for a bit more!

Quote:
But, I would MUCH rather have the Rocks than the Japs.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I have a pair of Rocks, different colored though, but they are very friendly. Rocks are dual purpase birds and have that great 'barnyard' chicken look and feeling to them. The rooster is a sweet little thing and the hen is tiny and quiet and very docile.

I have a Japanese bantam hen and she runs away when I come near. I've been working with her for two and a half years, from the day she was born, and she still doesn't like me. The Rocks, on the other hand, have known me for just around 2 months and are very friendly. They came around in no time and they were still raised by other hands, with God-know's-what treatment. If it wasn't for the fact that you were lied to, I'd think that you should be very happy.
smile.png
And those birds look awesome. A stunning pair.

They are pretty--yes you kinda got lied to unless the seller was clueless too? Either way Id pay 10 just for that hen
th.gif
very nice--were you looking for the Japanese? I dont have them but If you weren't looking and stumbled across this pair-you made out good!

I just saw a pair of Columbian Rock sell today for $15 each, and they could of been twins to yours! I'd say you got a good deal, and you will probably be happier with these than Japanese - considering ease of care, breed problems, and temperament.
I seriously doubt the seller lied to you, because if they did, they would have had to have some point like making extra money, or selling low-quality birds, and I don't think they did either! I think the seller was just misinformed. You came out at the good end of this deal
smile.png

Gorgeous rocks!!

I'd take them in a heartbeat if I were closer to ya.

I have bantam buff rocks, and am trying to hatch some bantam barred rocks as we speak.

I have never seen bantam columbian rocks - even though I live in the middle of nowhere
gig.gif
, but I am assuming they are not that common.

but then, until I got my bantam buff rocks, I had never seen those, either. I've already had two people ask me for babies when they are old enough to lay.

hopefully that'll be soon
big_smile.png

meri

Back
Top Bottom