quadcam79

Songster
12 Years
Oct 28, 2007
Fernandina Beach Fl.
Microchips everywhere: A future vision

By TODD LEWAN, AP National Writer Sat Jan 26, 12:16 PM ET

Here's a vision of the not-so-distant future:

_Microchips with antennas will be embedded in virtually everything you buy, wear, drive and read, allowing retailers and law enforcement to track consumer items — and, by extension, consumers — wherever they go, from a distance.

_A seamless, global network of electronic "sniffers" will scan radio tags in myriad public settings, identifying people and their tastes instantly so that customized ads, "live spam," may be beamed at them.

_In "Smart Homes," sensors built into walls, floors and appliances will inventory possessions, record eating habits, monitor medicine cabinets — all the while, silently reporting data to marketers eager for a peek into the occupants' private lives.
roll.png
roll.png
roll.png

(more...)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/ap_on_hi_te/chipping_america_iii

back in the day when Henry Rollins was with Black Flag ,He got a barcode tattoo on the back of his neck, people joked that one day we would all be controlled by the government and issued barcodes which would be tattooed onto us so we could be scanned and tracked .

it's not so far away...but instead of a barcode it'll be a microchip.

I believe it will get to that point. We've allowed so many other stupid things just because it SOUNDED like a good idea at the time. Why not this?

also this isnt too far off from other things going on that we just dont notice...like facial recognition camera systems mounted on buildings.

In January 2001, the city of Tampa, Florida used the technology to scan the faces of people in crowds at the Super Bowl, comparing them with images in a database of digital mug shots. Tampa then installed cameras equipped with face recognition technology in their Ybor City nightlife district, where they have encountered opposition from people wearing masks and making obscene gestures at the cameras. In late August 2001, a member of the Jacksonville, Florida City Council proposed legislation to keep the technology out of Jacksonville....... (good to know since i live in Jacksonville LOL)

--Nashville School Using Face Recognition Cameras
Created: 12/6/2007
Biometric security is now part of the Nashville, Tennessee, Metro School System.

Every student who enters Graymar Elementary School is having his or her face scanned with what officials called a recognition camera.Metro said it hopes to eventually install face recognition cameras in all schools.

now the govt has moved onto ID tracking...
we'll all be required to hold a national ID card...The REAL ID Act of 2005 creates a de facto national identification card, It is a law imposing federal technological standards and verification procedures on state driver's licenses and identification cards, many of which are beyond the current capacity of the federal government, and mandating state compliance by May 2008

Real ID would force the states to standardize driver’s licenses cards across the nation into a single national identity card and database. It does this by stipulating that state driver’s licenses and state ID cards will not be accepted for “federal purposes” – including boarding an aircraft or entering a federal facility – unless they meet all of the law’s numerous conditions.

Quote:
I can teach you about the Bible if you want. I don't have to though if you don't want me to.

LOL

thanks for the offer but i'll pass. i gotta add, that may be the best response I have gotten from a christian in a long time...i have issues with alot of em, hypocrites and pushy. So i appreciate the "I can if you want me to, or i dont have too if you dont want to"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom