Difference between white wyandotte, white rock, or White giant

Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Wow, the more I read all these post and look at all the different types of chicks the more I don't have a clue what I have... I do know I really like them, they are a lot of fun.

My question? Is there a trick to knowing what type of white chick you have? Like after reading a number of post, I learned to tell the difference between black giants and australorp, (color on the bottom of their feet, yellow=giant, pink=australorp. Now I have 3.5 week old white chicks, I know will lay brown eggs, they came from MM brown egg layers, so there are a limited number of choices : White wyandotte, white opington, white giant, or white rock... Is there anything that will give me a clue?

Thank you so much in advance!
smile.png

Koldham

Quote:
White Wyandottes have rose combs, White Orpingtons will have a single comb and white legs, White Giants your should be able to know by how large they get and their toes and shanks are dark willow with yellow underneath, White Rocks yellow legs. Feathersite is a good place to go to look at pics of chicks and grown chickens to be able to tell what you have.

Thank you so much, however I keep hearing about the leg color thing and some of mine have changed as they got a little older, do you know when they are what they will be
roll.png
or you know their adult color.
Thanks again.

White giants look different as babies. The rest of your white chicks all start as white or yellow, but white giants start off gray and then feather in white. One of mine was almost black as a new chick.

Well they were yellow so I guess because they have the single comb and yellowish leges they would be White Rocks... Hope I am right this time, I keep changing my mind as they change, I didn't know the rocks were so friendly and sweet.
smile.png
Its all good..
Thank you much.

Back
Top Bottom