Difference in Araucana and Ameraucana?

Quote:
If this is so, then both Araucanas and Ameraucanas are EE's, correct?

Heh, I don't recommend you say that to Araucana or Ameraucana breeders unless you have track shoes on <vvbg>

By convention, the term EE is used to mean "all them funny-colored-layin' chickens, sometimes with feathers in unexpected facial locations, that ARE NOT actual Araucanas or Ameraucanas". It is the everything-else category for green/blue egg layers.

Pat

pips&peeps :

No

ah, very helpful....
sad.png

Okay, I get the impression I'm being told I'm being dense, but I've known for years the difference between Araucanas and Ameraucanas. Until I came to this forum recently, I had never seen the term EE, and when I asked what it meant, I was told it meant Easter Egger. I still don't see where -- except for making obviously huge blunders like the one I just am getting castigated for -- I would know that EE wasn't a term that included the As and the As, rather than being a term for lesser forms....

Sorry to offend.
I won't ask any more questions.

Susan

Susan you have a PM (personal message)......
frow.gif

I am learning too, the A's involved are true breeds, EE are just mutts. Thats all I truly "know".... keep asking ?'s there is no such thing as a dum ? How else are you going to find out........& never let any of else make you feel that way. We are not here for that we are here to socialize , have fun & learn.....
hugs.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Susan,

No one is offended and I don't believe anyone is being critical either. There is just alot of information on the sites listed that is very helpful to people wanting to know about ameraucanas, araucanas and easter eggers.

It would take a long time to copy or type it all out. There are also lots of pictures and forum discussions on the specific breeds.

Here are a few tidbits about Easter Eggers:

EE's are a mixed breed chicken that may or may not have beards, muffs or tufts, may or may not have tails, may or may not lay colored eggs. They come in a variety of colors where your purebreeds only have a few standard colors. They do not breed true to color. They are generally good layers.

Back
Top Bottom