Difference in breed or personality?

Hteeter2

Songster
Mar 7, 2018
My first chicks were Rhode Island Reds, and they were super active little ones. They seem to go until they dropped; then they would rest for a while. Never were very flighty, but learned to roost over time.

When my Rhode Island Reds got about 5wks old; I got the chicka baby bug again. Didn't help that I found a chick being picked on and had a nasty case of pasty butt either. Ziva is a Mille fleur d’Uccle who at about 4wks old is thriving now. She was my only buy that day. However I went back the next day getting two Golden Sexlink buddies for her.

Ziva, Lucy, and Ethel are more laid back. They play, eat, drink, and so on. However about week one Ziva and Ethel were trying to fly, and by the end of the first week they could fly to the top of the brooder. Lucy wasn't far behind the other two. It's crazy how different my first babies were compared my new babies.

Last edited:
I got two black sex linked and two buff orpingtons at the same time, and their personalities and abilities were so different also. The buffs were more laid back, curious, and first to come toward someone. The black SL were cautious, run away when approached, and were roosting and flying much earlier. They are almost 12 weeks and still the same personalities.

Back
Top Bottom