Different aged chicks need advice.

Hello BYC community! We just got our first flock of 6 chicks about two weeks ago (5 red stars 1 black australorp) they are doing great and today I went to the feed store and ended up getting 3 more chicks (Easter Eggers). Since we are new to everything chickens I just need some advice on what to do about the age diffence. I have them in separate brooders now but I want to know when I should introduce them and when I can put them together. I think they are about 2-3 weeks apart in age.

Thank you in advance
Please excuse me for plugging my question in here. I don’t know how else to post it. I’ll ask it and then perhaps someone would give me guidance. I am putting it here because it goes along the lines of introducing different age chicks.

I got two chicks three days ago. They started out well, but one just died a few minutes ago. The other one is very healthy and happy and hopping all over the brooder but I am concerned about raising a single chick. The farm store has another batch of checks coming in this week and recommended that I get another one then and not wait any longer in order to provide a companion for the single that I currently have. I only got two chicks in the first place because my adult hens are aging but I have a very small flock in a very small coop and I didn’t want to end up with more chickens that I could provide for or take care of.

Again, my apologies to this poster for horning in on your space. If someone would kindly tell me where I should post this question, I think both of us would appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom