Different Breeds or Dirty?

So I got 2 “Australorp” pullets but today I noticed that
1.) they look nothing like my Australorp looked like a few months ago as a chick (He’s a rooster though)
2.) One has feathered feet but at the same time I don’t know if it’s actually feathered or just poop stuck to it?

so if I could get some help :’) I will attach their pictures and a picture of my Rooster 2days after I got him as well. (the rooster is the one on the desk and has white spots on face)
The feathered foot is a Black Copper Maran which is a very pretty breed by the way. I would not be two disappointed about it though unless you had high hopes for Austrolourps.

Black isn't the right color either. They should be slate gray, almost blue.
Here’s a better picture of his legs haha but in all honesty the “soles” of his feet are yellow so I have no idea if he was “bred” wrong or what but I love him either way hahah

Attachments

• 719BE43E-FA4F-42F3-ACEF-06B53874AAA9.jpeg
    719BE43E-FA4F-42F3-ACEF-06B53874AAA9.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 5
Here’s a better picture of his legs haha but in all honesty the “soles” of his feet are yellow so I have no idea if he was “bred” wrong or what but I love him either way hahah

I'd say he's probably a very low hatchery quality australorp. (This just means that you wouldn't be able to breed or show him. It doesn't make him any less lovable!).

Last edited:
The feathered foot is a Black Copper Maran which is a very pretty breed by the way. I would not be two disappointed about it though unless you had high hopes for Austrolourps.
I honestly got them since they were pullets but now I have to wait and see if I get yet another rooster which I hope I don’t :’) if they turn out to be hens I’ll be more than happy I don’t really care about the breed it just took me off guard and wanted some opinions and guesses haha

Back
Top Bottom