nmarmion

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2022
so i have a scattered batch of eggs and i just put them into lockdown mode yesterday! i picked like 3-4 that were highly developed and are close in age range but i just found out that duck eggs don't hatch until day 28 and i put them in on day 18 is that ok??! i'm worried someone please let me know

Are they duck eggs, or chicken eggs, or some of each, or are you not sure?

If they are duck eggs, you can just go back to non-lockdown conditions until it is the right time.

If you do not know whether they are duck eggs or chicken eggs, you can look online for pictures of candling chicken eggs and candling duck eggs, and try to figure it out by how developed they are.

If you really cannot tell, I would probably leave them in lockdown and hope for the best. If they don't hatch by about day 23, candle again to try to see whether they are still alive. That's late enough that chicken eggs should have hatched, but still too early for ducks (you wouldn't want to leave dead chicken eggs in the incubator for an extra week.)

they're duck eggs. my chickens haven't started laying eggs yet but i put them into lockdown on day 18 and duck eggs hatch on day 23-28 so i wasent sure to keep them in the incubator on lockdown mode or put them back on regular but they've been in lockdown for a couple days now and i guess i'll see how they go

Back
Top Bottom