Digital thermometers suck

twintrades

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2016
Well ill admit it Im a mother hen when it comes to incubating....

If I could sit on the eggs I would lol. Anyway as he title says digital therms suck. Went to wally world and picked up a digital therm/hydro combo. Got home and after an hr it topped out at 88 deg... not cool. After another trip the hydro didint work. (Enuf allready !) One more trip and I bought the indoor outdoor model. And now the hydro works but the temp is slooow in changing and the temp is 3 deg off.

I have a 99 cent liquid as well as the original brower mercury. They both react fast and are spot on. ( checked with instant meat therm)

Why cant anything be made quality anymore?

Anyone else have thermometers off or hydrometers for that matter?

All 30 ready to cook.... I mean incubate. First time in 10 yrs !

I have 2 Brinsea Spot Check digital thermometers, and they are VERY accurate and register temp changes immediately. They cost me $20/ea plush shipping, but they were worth every single penny. I also have 2 glass medical thermometers (also from Brinsea). I use hygrometers I got at the pet store, from the reptile section for humidity.

Best of luck with your hatch :)

Thanks ! Ill have to check out the brand you use. I'm planning a plexiglass diy one. And a dependable one would be nice lol

The thermometer on my Incuview is pretty accurate, but I keep a cheap thermometer and hygrometer from petco inside the incubator just to make sure everything's staying at the proper levels. They're pretty accurate, cheap, and you get readings within a minute or so.

Back
Top Bottom