Ding Dong - the Guineys are Gone - and the chickens are much happier

Yes, they are very good at breaking up rooster squabbles...I think it's just because they want to be the only ones to make the boys squeal
lol.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

You know now that I think back I only had male guineas. I didnt have a mixed flock. I do know they pair up so there may be a big difference in their behavior as a bachelor flock vs defending their females. I will be curious to observe their behavior once I get my flock established again.

Guineas are delicious. Like chicken but somewhat more firm and less fatty. O liked mine best skinned and fried in olive oil.
cheers,
N. VA

N. Virginia :

Guineas are delicious. Like chicken but somewhat more firm and less fatty. O liked mine best skinned and fried in olive oil.
cheers,
N. VA

Thants what I hear that they are more like phesant and you have to cook them carefully so the meat doesnt get dry. I will give it a try one day.​

perchie.girl :

Thants what I hear that they are more like phesant and you have to cook them carefully so the meat doesnt get dry. I will give it a try one day.

I had to send four of mine to freezer camp. They were pretty old, too. I guess about ten and a half months. I let them rest in the refrigerator for a day after plucking, then I brined them for a few hours. I slow roasted them in a crock pot. They weren't too bad. There's still one in the freezer. I'm going to brine it too and then marinate it in buttermilk. I hear that helps with the gamey taste.

Traci​

My 8 guineas decided to go on a "Walk About" last week, and I haven't seen them since. We've looked everywhere, asked around the area. I guess I'm just not meant to have guineas. They were pretty noisy, but I still liked having them around. I had just started letting them out to free range a few weeks ago. They were going back into their pen every night. I guess there goes my "bug control" that I was hoping for. I hatched the eggs in the incubator last Sept. and they were in their pen from the time they came out of the brooder. Don't understand why they disappeared.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom