Dinky Hen, Massive Attitude!

Kayempea

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2020
This is Belle. She is a two year old hybrid and the smallest hen in our flock (excluding the chicks, who are rapidly gaining on her!). Despite her diminutive size, Belle is Top Hen. She’s a confident, feisty little character with zero fear. She will steal your food from your hand given a chance!

She would happily wander around the garden with our late labradoodle, and since he passed away last month she has taken it upon herself to become the Chief Collector of Crumbs under the dining table! If we leave the back door open for more than a minute - she’s in there! Under the table, on the table, in the kitchen, sampling the cat food... there is nothing this little hen won’t try to eat. She looks most disgruntled every time she is plonked back in the garden, I’m sure she thinks a coop is below her and she ought to live inside with us - I don’t think she realises she’s a chicken! 😂

Any one else have a hen with identity issues?

Attachments

• 3D436A30-C940-43F3-8055-E86223CDBCF5.jpeg
    3D436A30-C940-43F3-8055-E86223CDBCF5.jpeg
    733.2 KB · Views: 6
That's hilarious. I have all normal chooks, but I want that one. :gig

She’s a keeper! Never had one quite like her before, such a big personality! Her best friend Hilda is not as confident but will follow Belle anywhere - including in the house - and as Hilda is a big, fat food-lover it’s not unusually to find both of them begging under the table at breakfast time! 😂

Back
Top Bottom