DIP Switch Setting for a GQF 3256 Thermostat

CatDaddyAlbert

NoFeathersRuffled
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Gumboro, Delaware
Just wondered if anyone out there in BYC land has the instructions for setting the DIP switches on a GQF 3256 thermostat. I have one of these in a homebuilt cabinet incubator I purchased a while back and it worked great. The door was open and one of my friends child thought it would great to play with the little switches
sad.png
. If anyone has the instructions as to what the switch positions should be to get 99.5f I would be very appreciative. GQF is not interested in helping me as I did not by it from them
idunno.gif

Thanks in Advance.

Al in Delaware

This may not be much help since nearly two years have passed, but perhaps it will help someone else.

We came into possession of a cabinet incubator with a 3256 thermostat and the dip switches were all set to off. We couldn't figure out why the unit wouldn't heat until we came across this on GQF's website;

https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/1588 WIDE RANGE ADJUSTMENT.pdf

There is just one problem. This document says it is for a model 1588 and it has 8 dip switches. My 3256 has a bank of 7 switches and a sticker that says 'preset #4'. We guessed that the switches would function the same and used the reset procedure to set the unit back to factory settings. After reset, with dip switch 4 (only) on, our unit is running 99 - 100 degrees! No further adjustment seems to be needed, however, I believe you could follow the instructions to move the temp up or down, just ignoring the 8 switch.

Hope this helps someone!

I know its been awhile since this post was generated, but I'm wondering if anybody has any more information on this? We picked up the sportsman 1502 from Craigslist and it has the 3256 thermostat, I cannot reset it no matter what I do and it won't run any cooler than 102 degrees. Pretty disappointed.

I'm no expert with sportman incubators , but I have experience with the preset 3256 thermostat. Only one dip switch can be in the on position at one time. The number one switch on and others off is the coolest position. Have tested several of them . They all ran to the hot side. I believe they are design that way because the top of the sportman run much hotter than the rest of the incubator. Check your temp at the middle and center of the incubator. If it is 102 in the middle of the incubator then the thermostat may be bad. Confirm your thermometer is accurate.

Thank you. We've got 3 thermometers in there and there all reading spot on with each other. I haven't tested the temp at the bottom. I'll try that now! Thermometer is at 1 only. Thank you!

HatchCraft you were right. It's actually kind of low at the bottom around 98 degrees. So we ended up turning it up one and it seems to be a little more stable throughout. Thanks so much for the assistance! today is day 20 for some Bantam eggs that I have in our hovabator, and they've started to pip! I'm super excited to upgrade to the new set up for our next hatching! Thanks again.

This may not be much help since nearly two years have passed, but perhaps it will help someone else.

We came into possession of a cabinet incubator with a 3256 thermostat and the dip switches were all set to off. We couldn't figure out why the unit wouldn't heat until we came across this on GQF's website;

There is just one problem. This document says it is for a model 1588 and it has 8 dip switches. My 3256 has a bank of 7 switches and a sticker that says 'preset #4'. We guessed that the switches would function the same and used the reset procedure to set the unit back to factory settings. After reset, with dip switch 4 (only) on, our unit is running 99 - 100 degrees! No further adjustment seems to be needed, however, I believe you could follow the instructions to move the temp up or down, just ignoring the 8 switch.

Hope this helps someone!
Hi Pat have come across the 3256 model incubator. So could you tell me which number you turned on to get it to blink

Hope this helps someone!
What is the reset procedure. I just bought a hatcher with the 3256 dip switch but gqf no longer has the instructions on their sight and isn't willing to help

Back
Top Bottom