Dipsy, Shaffer and ChickenZoo hatching Extavaganza!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daisychick, Apr 24, 2009.

1. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
    The picture does not show all the eggs because some came later in the mail.

I am doing my last hatch of the season and I decided to go out with a bang!! I have a nice variety of eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo (frizzles, cochins, etc.), Shaffer (LAVENDER AMERAUCANAS!), and Chickenzoo (silkies). I am so excitied! I am on day 7 and all looks good so far.
    All eggs arrived without a scratch! GREAT PACKING from all!

I have had some chicks not make it the last few days of the hatch and not pip the membrane. So I am hoping I can fix that by being on top of the humidity the last 3 days. I think I need it to be higher because of my elevation and dry climate. I am crossing my fingers that it is the problem and I can get a better hatch rate! My hatch rate last time was 60% and I really want to be closer to 100% . But I am thankful I got some really great chicks out of the last batch. [​IMG] (THANKS DIPSY!)

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Wow, good luck with your hatch. I'm sure you'll get lots of beautiful babies with that selection. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I just realized that my hatch is due Mother's Day weekend! I can't imagine a better weekend than one with my nose plastered against the bator window watching the chicks hatch!! [​IMG] Maybe instead of being taken out to dinner I can get them to cater to me at home...cause obviously I can't leave! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by