direct dosage for denagard?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by poonam, Aug 4, 2011.

1. poonam

poonam Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    hi folks, I need to treat one chicken (MG) with denagard, and i dont want to put it in everybody's water. Does anybody know if there's a more direct dose of denagard that maybe i can put in her morning oatmeal? as in administer it to her only directly?

2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    If one has it then they all have it unfortunately. [​IMG]

3. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Are you sure it's MG? Highlander is more than likely correct. If you have MG in your flock, most likely all them are carriers.

4. poonam

May 9, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    yes, that's true. but one of them shows no symptoms at all besides a very occasional sneeze. is it still worth treating all of them? i hear it's better not to treat ones that don't show strong symptoms so they can develop their own immunity.

Also for denagard, does it matter that the birds are different sizes (some are true bantams?). The dosage i've heard is 16cc/ml per gallon of water. will that work for all sizes of birds? (they are pullets of different sizes).

5. poonam

May 9, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:yes i'm sure it's MG. we had a necropsy one of our our other birds who showed these symptoms, and unfortunately, it is MG.

6. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    If it's MG, I'd put it in the water for everyone. Smaller birds will drink less water than big birds, so I think the dose would work itself out that way. [​IMG] I've heard it's bitter, so you might want to add some Karo syrup!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by