Dirty Button quail chick feet

Nov 21, 2022
Hi everyone!

First thing! Happy Holidays! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Second! Chicks made it to 12 days old without losing anymore. *knocks on wood*

Now I want to know the best way to clean their feet without getting them wet because I learn they think they're dying if they got wet? And that worries me. I seen YouTube videos showing how to do adult BQ's but not chicks.

Sidenote: I have one normal working hand and one weak working hand due to my infant stroke. So I'm trying to figure out a way to get the task done without doing it by hand.

Some have poo on their nails and it looks like they have big toes when it's just poo.
I want keep my babies as healthy as I can.

**My response will be slow because I am getting ready for work and will check in on break and after work. I appreciate your patience!**

Hello! I have 3 (adult) button quail as well and just hatched out some baby Coturnix! Quail are just sooo cute.
With that out of the way, I would take a bowl and pour just enough warm water in it to cover their tootsies; you ccould also add a paper towel to the bottom of the bowl as well to prevent slipping/splashing. They'll be alright if they get little wet, so long as they're kept in a warm, draft free area until they are 100% dry.

Depending on how much gunk buildup there is on their feet, the soak should last about 10-20min. Hope this helps!

Hello! I have 3 (adult) button quail as well and just hatched out some baby Coturnix! Quail are just sooo cute.
With that out of the way, I would take a bowl and pour just enough warm water in it to cover their tootsies; you ccould also add a paper towel to the bottom of the bowl as well to prevent slipping/splashing. They'll be alright if they get little wet, so long as they're kept in a warm, draft free area until they are 100% dry.

Depending on how much gunk buildup there is on their feet, the soak should last about 10-20min. Hope this helps!
Hello!

Thank you! I will definitely try it!

Back
Top Bottom