Dirty Chicken egg holes!!!

bminer

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Hello,
My girls have developed Dirty Egg Holes! I change their straw almost weekly, they free range, their coop is insulated and warm, they have plenty of scratch food and oyster shells. They are not pecking each other, they are not stressed, they don't have mites.........whaaaaaa zup? Any suggestions??

I think someone said that using the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in the water helps with this problem?? I actually cut the feathers off of one hen that was all full of "chicken poop" from the vent down, stuck in her feathers... yuck! (I have had two hens that had this problem, both were Easter Eggers.)

Apple Cider Vinegar... one Tablespoon per gallon of water... I use a little less every time I change the water and only increase it to that much if I see "a reason" to.

Good luck.

I think someone said that using the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in the water helps with this problem?? I actually cut the feathers off of one hen that was all full of "chicken poop" from the vent down, stuck in her feathers... yuck! (I have had two hens that had this problem, both were Easter Eggers.)

Apple Cider Vinegar... one Tablespoon per gallon of water... I use a little less every time I change the water and only increase it to that much if I see "a reason" to.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom