Dirty Ducks !!!!!

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
and it's not what you are thinking..........
wink.png

my 5 welsh harlequins have discovered the mud around the pond, oh goody.

october2010036.jpg

october2010034.jpg

october2010032.jpg

BEAUTIFUL birds! I have to LOL at mine when they pat their feet in the spilled water around the waterers and "make mud". It's surprising how fast they can pat their feet!
big_smile.png
The look of sheer joy on their faces reminds me of how much fun kids have when they're playing in the mud.
love.gif

Last edited:
Mine love mud too. Loving mud is an important part of being a duck I guess
big_smile.png

They make that happy grunting pig noise when they drill in it.

I love ducks

I bought a tiny duckling at auction.. He was mixed in with a bunch of larger ones. Now "Puddles" is a full grown khaki campbell mix..
Give him a bucket of water and he could make a swamp out in the desert! Hence his name.. What a messy boy..Love him anyway.
smile.png

now that they have discovered the mud, they do alot less swimming. I usually have to chase them into the water before lockdown to clean them up for bed.

they are also little beggers, I get no work done, as they are constantly under foot, and I constantly have to keep an eye on the drakes, they've got a bit of a "I want to attack" streak in them , now and then.

they are brats, between them and my chickens and my dogs, I'm not sure who begs more.

We had a mud day too. I sprayed down the area to get rid of clumps of poop and made them a nice mud hole

muddyducks007.jpg

Sly all dirty.

muddyducks004.jpg

Bam Bam says....Look Mom this is what I will look like when my big girl feathers come in

Quote:
Thankyou !!
smile.png

I got them from a local girl, who bought them from a breeder here on Vancouver Island. The girl had them as a 4H project this summer.
Then sold them at the end of the 4H year.

They are just over 5 months old, and one or two of them have just started laying. yay.

Back
Top Bottom