Dirty water concentrate.

Maddog_photog

Songster
May 22, 2020
San Diego, CA
So after a few days of swimming, I sump pump the dirty water out and into the plants. The pump turns off with about 2-4 inches of water still present. My question is whether it is okay to fill the pool back up for continued pool time or, what I have been doing, use a bucket to toss the remaining fluid and fill up when empty?

I dont known about your pool after you pump it, but mine, the only thing left on the bottom is usually poo, so I dump it and rinse it, mainly because they drink it so much, and I dont like the idea of them drinking old(older than normal anyways) poo. So,, I dont know an actual answer to your question, but thats what I do!!!

I dont have any like...*science*...to back it up why leaving some leftover dirty water would be bad, but my personal preference would be to fully drain the pool. I've got a small portable shopvac that can do water that I get the last inch or so of my hot tub floor with because I have the same issue with my pump. Certainly wild ducks survive fine in grosser conditions but if I *can* clean it all the way up, might as well just in case, right?

I find its best to dump it afterwards. Whenever the water is crystal clear my ducks go nuts for it.

It could be good to invest in a pump that works well with solids so you can get that last bit out.

If you dont want the solids pumped into your plants you could have it pump the pool contents into a tall bucket stuffed with shadecloth and have that bucket drain into your plants. The bunched up shade cloth will catch a lot of the solids for you.

I have that system and I only have to clear the shade cloth once a week, but it is pretty gross

Complete water change is best. Then at least once a week I would use mild soap and water and completely wash out the pool. This will help take care of any Algae and slime that is collecting on the inside of the pool.

Keeping the pool in a shaded place will help slow the growth of green Algae.

Back
Top Bottom