Disappointed...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Frosty, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    My kids live for their computers. They have no idea of what is going on around them. I was chatting on-line with DD this morning (she moved half the state away) and mentioned the trio of white peafowl that I bought on eggbid back in 2004 (she would have been in 10th grade), and how they died a week after I got them and how I recently found that the guy I bought them from wasn't reputable. She didn't know anything about them! As excited as I was to get them, how could she not know? And DS got off of his behind and did some snow blowing for once. DH told him that it would be nice if he did paths for me to feed the critters (snow about 2' deep). He did all but the path back to the turkey house because he 'didn't know that they were there'. I am grateful for what he did, but how could he not know that there were turkeys there? They have been there since July! He walked past them every day when he went out to target practice! I don't expect them to be as passionate about the birds, but how can they be so clueless about something that means so much to me?

2. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    LOL I have one bathroom in my house and one of my dogs had a accident in front of the bathroom door. I work late nights so when I got up in the afternoon (the dogs go out at 7am) it was still there!!! everyone in the house "didn't see it" including my wife so guess who cleaned it up. I guess people see only what they want.

PS how did you get him to clear the snow? been trying that for years.

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Well................your last words some it up. They are important to you, not them. You can't expect your kids to have the same passions as you. Like , my daughter hates chickens!!
    Did you buy them the computers? Guess you need to cut them off and make them get outside!

I don't mean to be mean but walking buy and not knowing they were there is an excuse. I would chalk it up to being LAZY! Trust me , i have 5 kids. I know all about LAZY! My 4 year old claims to be tired or his leg hurts blah blah blah when i ask him to clean up. My 17 year old i have to litterly pick her up and place her infront of the dishes after telling her 5 times to do them!

[​IMG] we care about your birds!! [​IMG] Sorry your so bummed! Think it comes with having kids....................[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  4. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    Reminds me of this ... when my kids were growing up, I kept it posted on the refrigerator.

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, And Nobody

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

5. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:I love this. I heard it once in elementary school but that was a long time ago and I couldn't quite remember it. Thanks for posting. [​IMG]

6. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:Wow! How do you remember all of that! [​IMG] I really don't expect the kids to love or even care about my birds. I think what gets to me is that by not even knowing the existance of them shows that they really don't care about what is important to me. And no, I had nothing to do with buying the computers for them. DH did that 'because they needed them for school'. As for how I got DS to blow snow? I didn't. He actually just decided to go do it. And since it was his idea, I really do believe that he walked by those turkeys every day and didn't know that they were there.

7. LizFM

LizFM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Quote:We don't have kids but when I complain about the exact same thing all I hear is "you wanted the animals"...this, by the way, is not true...we both wanted them, but only one is willing to take responsibility [​IMG]

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I LOVE [​IMG] that! It is so going on my fridge! My kids have aquired "Selective Hearing" Good times...
    Quote:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by