Disaster???!!!!!!

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
hit.gif
I went out to play with my chickens this afternoon and checked under my broody Austarlorp and there was only one egg under her!!! She had had four. So I look around and there were a whole bunch under the nest box. Well, I just found out there is hole behind my nest box and I think the just fell out one by one! I stuffed them back under her (and some more Phoenix eggs, too) and fixed the hole, I know she had more then one under her this morning. I'm so disappointed, my hen is doing such a good job, and this is the first time I'd have chicks from my own chickens. I don't think she pushed them out, they just fell, because when I put them back in she was helping me stuff them back under her. Do they still have a chance of hatching or are they goners????

About 10 days.
sad.png
I didn't check to see if they were fertile yet. So I don't really have any high hopes. Can't believe I didn't notice/remember there is hole back there. GRRRR Lesson learned.

Oh dear, so sorry to hear this news! Terrible! Did you get that whopper of a T-shower. From my years of experience when you get a whopper like the one we had, more then likely it will kill the developing chicks. I don't know if its 100% accurate, but another guy and myself can attest to it. Perhaps its the amout of granite we sit on too. Good luck and hope we can get together at some point and talk chickens!!!

Back
Top Bottom