Discolored lump on breast of processed bird

Ahsun Chaudhry

Hatching
Nov 18, 2018
Hey everyone,

I helped my brother process some of his first meatbirds today, he noticed a strange spot on one of them (Cornish Cross) once we had removed the skin. Was wondering what it is exactly...

Thank you in advance and God bless.

chicken.jpg

Probably a tumor.
Cut it open. If the inside is solid, it's a tumor. If the inside looks like blood vessels and is just blood, that's probably an angioma. If the inside is a weird liquid, like pus, it may be some sort of infection. A tumor is nothing dangerous to you and, in fact, you could eat it if you wanted. Cancer isn't contagious. An angioma is an abnormal growth of blood vessels, which, again, is harmless if eaten. Probably gross. If it's an abscess or full of anything that doesn't look like it belongs in an animal, it may be an infection, and I wouldn't eat the bird in that case. Just in case it's through the whole body.

Probably a tumor.
Cut it open. If the inside is solid, it's a tumor. If the inside looks like blood vessels and is just blood, that's probably an angioma. If the inside is a weird liquid, like pus, it may be some sort of infection. A tumor is nothing dangerous to you and, in fact, you could eat it if you wanted. Cancer isn't contagious. An angioma is an abnormal growth of blood vessels, which, again, is harmless if eaten. Probably gross. If it's an abscess or full of anything that doesn't look like it belongs in an animal, it may be an infection, and I wouldn't eat the bird in that case. Just in case it's through the whole body.

Brother of the OP here, thank you so much! I cut into and it bled -so it's just an angioma.

I would also like to say that I had a bunch of newbie friends over and that terrible butchering job you see in the picture is not something I was responsible for :D

God bless

In that case, probably an angioma. Maybe a tumor or something else of the sort. The point is, it seems to be an abnormal growth, which is nothing to worry about. Carve off however deep it's gone to remove any weirdness that would be unpleasant to eat, and voila. Maybe keep and eat that one instead of selling it, if selling is your plan. It's like a bent carrot- edible but not the prettiest.

In that case, probably an angioma. Maybe a tumor or something else of the sort. The point is, it seems to be an abnormal growth, which is nothing to worry about. Carve off however deep it's gone to remove any weirdness that would be unpleasant to eat, and voila. Maybe keep and eat that one instead of selling it, if selling is your plan. It's like a bent carrot- edible but not the prettiest.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom