Discoloring comb

Kyn Garcia

Chirping
May 22, 2022
Lake Arthur, Louisiana
The first photo is after I washed it with a wet cloth and put vaseline on it. She’s a little over a year old, I’ve seen her comb get pale, bright red, and dirty.. but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it look so dark at the tips but I’m arguing with myself about if I’m over reacting or not lol… sometimes I look at it and think it looks purple at the tips but then I’m like well it looks like it’s changing back to normal… I’ve googled some things and she doesn’t seem to be having a hard time breathing nor does she act like she feels bad and she hasn’t slowed down on laying. I’ve got 5 hens, she’s the leader of the flock and I’ve noticed that they’ve all been staying under the carport during the day when I let them out to free range but it isn’t just her it’s all of them. I think they are just trying to get out of the heat though because as soon as it starts to cool down they venture out in the grass. I can be a worry wart when it comes to my chickens, they’re my babiesss. Lol so am I over reacting or should I be worried? 🥴😩

Attachments

• IMG_3722.jpeg
    IMG_3722.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3717.jpeg
    IMG_3717.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3719.jpeg
    IMG_3719.jpeg
    654.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg