Disease going through my chicks

The Tylan should help and give you time to figure out just what you are dealing with. If I seemed short before, forgive me, when I see something like this my head is flying, going through all the things I know and what I've read or heard. I've been where you are, for different reasons, but not matter the reason, it's an awful thing to have happen. The most important thing now is to get them on an antibiotic and start reversing what ever it is they have. You should start seeing some improvement fairly soon if the Tylan is going to work.
Thanks so much for your help! I'll post updates when the Tylan comes in. None of my local feed/supply stores had it, so I have to wait until it arrives there Wednesday..
hmm.png
Hopefully it won't be too late!

Thanks so much for your help! I'll post updates when the Tylan comes in. None of my local feed/supply stores had it, so I have to wait until it arrives there Wednesday..
hmm.png
Hopefully it won't be too late!
Can you get Duramycin-10? Tractor Supply should have both of them. I just hate to see you wait. I have the same trouble a lot of the time here as well. Most everything I seem to need has to be ordered on-line. Yeah.... If you can get the Duramycin, I would give that until you can get the Tylan. They might even have the Tylan 200 at TS. Have to find the dosing for that.

I did do a new thred but no replies,this morning 2 of the 3 chicks had seisures and died right after,, :'( worse feeling ever knowing that there's nothing I could have done

I did do a new thred but no replies,this morning 2 of the 3 chicks had seisures and died right after,, :'( worse feeling ever knowing that there's nothing I could have done
Daisy17, what is the name of the thread? I looked and couldn't find you! I am so very sorry about the losses, let's see if we can get it fixed now.

I found it and have replied. If you can, could you do some pictures please? I know it's getting late but even just a couple might help a lot.

Last edited:
I did some looking around at some of my local feed stores and found that they only have Tylan 200. They say it's usually used fr cattle. Would this be something worth considering?

I did some looking around at some of my local feed stores and found that they only have Tylan 200. They say it's usually used fr cattle. Would this be something worth considering?
Yes!!! The dosing is in that link I gave in one of the earlier posts. # 11. I would think that with them being only 5 weeks you might want to give a dose less than for a bantam. This I am not positive about. They are smaller so it would make sense that their needs would be less because of the weight difference. What i had found before wa 1/4cc for bantams but I think this is the Tylan 50. So an 1/8cc? Guessing here.

Alright, what I did was go to the feed store and I got Lincomycin 50 and Duramycin 10 on top of the Tylan 200. I wanted to try the less powerful things before stepping up to the Tylan; heard it could damage the flesh of the bird. I used 1/8th of a teaspoon of Lincomycin plus a dash of Duramycin for my >week olds. With my five week olds, I used 3/4th teaspoon per 1/2 gallon, or eight cups.

I have started to notice results almost immediately. The sneezing has gone done, and also the death rates. Yesterday I was loosing at least a chick a day, and now it's been twenty-four hours and not a single one!
smile.png
(Kinda sad when I'm happy about such a minute detail as this.. lol)

I will post updates daily or as they come until they're fully recovered.

Alright, what I did was go to the feed store and I got Lincomycin 50 and Duramycin 10 on top of the Tylan 200. I wanted to try the less powerful things before stepping up to the Tylan; heard it could damage the flesh of the bird. I used 1/8th of a teaspoon of Lincomycin plus a dash of Duramycin for my >week olds. With my five week olds, I used 3/4th teaspoon per 1/2 gallon, or eight cups.

I have started to notice results almost immediately. The sneezing has gone done, and also the death rates. Yesterday I was loosing at least a chick a day, and now it's been twenty-four hours and not a single one!
smile.png
(Kinda sad when I'm happy about such a minute detail as this.. lol)

I will post updates daily or as they come until they're fully recovered.

SO good to hear! Definitely keep us updated.

Oh my god, I completely forgot about keeping you all updated! I have lost no more chicks, and they are all doing fine. They are still on the medication above and I see almost no congestion now. Those doses seemed to have worked well, and I would strongly recommend them to others who are seeing a big sickness going through their flock.
Thanks so much for your help guys!

Back
Top Bottom