Dislocated wing? Please help!

PopsAndHen

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2021
IMG_20210225_140118.jpg
hello,

I've just noticed my little Pékin bantam's wing seems to be stuck across her back, she's unable to move it. (photo attached.)

I don't want to pull the wing down in case I do any damage, I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and could advise what I should do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
I would feel for a break. If it's truly dislocated I don't know how you would put it back in the socket. I had a hen with a break near the joint where it attaches to her body. It healed on it's own but it was also already so well lined up that you could only tell it was broken with an x-ray. If it was a break then maybe you could line it up and then vet wrap the wing close to her body to keep it from moving around.

That is the best suggestion I have.

View attachment 2544441hello,

I've just noticed my little Pékin bantam's wing seems to be stuck across her back, she's unable to move it. (photo attached.)

I don't want to pull the wing down in case I do any damage, I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and could advise what I should do?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I’m having a similar problem with one of my Silkies. Does she cry at all when you move it? Is she acting tired? Any blood or torn feathers? I ask so many questions because this is new to me too!
I figure I’ll wrap my girls wing close to her body and hope for the best. Let me know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom